A salad is an incredibly delicious way to get superfoods into your diet! The options and combinations of colors and flavors are endless. You can mix your salads before serving or set up a fun and creative “Build it Yourself” salad bar! Salads are also a great way to add a meat-free meal into your week if you’re looking into plant-based or plant-forward diet options. You can do great things for your digestion by just adding one meat-free meal a day into your diet. If you do choose to add animal protein to your salads, make sure you get good quality, lean meats.
How to Build Your Superfood-Rich Salad
1) Load up on GREENS! (you can stick with one type or mix a few together)
2) Add SUBSTANCE with grains and beans
3) Add COLOR & VITAMINS with fruits and vegetables
4) Pile on the PROTEIN (if you want)
5) Add some CRUNCH
6) FLAVORFUL EXTRAS add that final touch